FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat assignment...Gold perk has changed?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:24 pm
catgirl

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
This is a DUMB DUMB move by Westjet. I'm with you FlyerJ, I use the seat selection vouchers when I travel with my spouse on personal travel, and this is a perk that I value - being able to select OUR seats in advance. Talk about nickel-and-diming your premium customers away ... I unfortunately just found out about this change last week when I went to use my vouchers for an upcoming vacation trip. The WestJet agent was apologetic, but these are the new rules ....

Seriously WestJet, you might want to rethink this decision ... sometimes you want to weigh the additional potential revenue against the immense loss in goodwill.

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Huh. Just looked at the terms for seat selection vouchers, and - yes - they’ve changed them.

What the &@$&?

I earn my status by directing all of my business travel to WestJet — where I either buy a Flex fare (which includes seat selection) or pay for (and expense) my seat selection.

Where I really want this status benefit is when I fly for personal/vacation travel. When I have my family with me. Where I’m paying out of my own pocket. But now, I’m restricted to only using the voucher for one of our four seats - and paying for the rest?

WestJet: you’ve got to be kidding. This is absolutely a shot against your loyal customers, and I cannot fathom how this helps you at all.