FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:54 am
DaveH

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the replies. James, your interpretation is reasonable, and I can see why Vegas read it that way too.

LBJ, I hear you on cancelling for wallet credit being classifed as a "change" by AS--and it does seem like that's what happened here. But I don't think I and bmvaughn were unreasonable in reading "no changes" as referring to SDC, changing flyers, etc...not a pre-emption of elite cancellation for credit. It would be a simple change in language to clarify this isn't available either.

Meanwhile, AS's unwillingness (so far) to accommodate these misunderstandings as a one-time courtesy--like they did when they changed the policy on refunding no-shows recently--makes me and others feel less valued as a customer, making AS flights look more like a commodity. That isn't in the airline's long-term interest. I book five figures on AS every year for business and personal purposes. Measures like this encourage us to book the cheapest flight, which increasingly isn't AS.

Last edited by DaveH; Dec 29, 2018 at 12:20 pm