FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed bag for paid J SE+E75K
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:39 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Delayed bag for paid J SE+E75K

We checked our bags within 30 seconds of each other for YYZ-TLV. Paid J. I'm SE, he's E75K until the next sweep.

By the time we got through passport control, a bunch of priority and non-priority bags were circling. I found mine quickly, but after a lap, his was not there.

I called central concierge to ask if it was loaded. I have too much lost bag experience it seems.

Concierge, after getting annoyed with system delays, said it hadn't been loaded, and to file a claim with lost baggage in TLV. I said I wanted to speak to the local concierge.

Lost baggage was annoyed. Why would I call AC when the carousel was still turning? He had no notes in his system.

He came out and started looking at every big black bag. A concierge approached him, so I did too.
​​​
Local concierge agreed the bag had not been loaded.

My checked bag was dirty clothes, winter coat, and shoes. Companion's bag was everything other than laptop, iPad, and headphones.

I asked what could be provided right now. Concierge said nothing, and we should save receipts and write in. We eventually got an amenity kit out of him (as my companion didn't bother to take his from the plane). After two calls to a supervisor, we could not get any authorization to buy clothes.

He said he'd email to escalate.

I called central back, and they said priority tracing would open at 7am eastern, and they could authorize an amount. I mentioned the ticket cost and our statuses, along with a statement about clean underwear and socks. She said she'd call me back.

The return call was to tell me we were authorized for 150 USD, though she'd inform me if that number increased (presumably when more important people got to work).

I am, quite frankly, pissed off that TLV can't authorize anything for a delayed/lost bag for a paid J E75K.

And I can't imagine how this would have gone if there hadn't been an SE on the PNR, able to call the concierge.

p.s. I paid for the ticket, and he checked the bag under his name, so CC insurance does not apply. Not that 100/day is better than what the concierge authorized.