FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time Booking a Refundable Fare
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:34 pm
ab2013

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
OP here. Thanks everyone for the replies. I have copied the full fare rules below for the exact Fare Code I have for both outbound and return segments. Based on my reading I do not see any penalty amount to be forfeited in the event of a cancel. Ultimately if there was one it would not be the end of the world, and I do fly DL frequently for leisure so could always use a certificate. Just curious if anyone sees any wording here to indicate otherwise.
I've purchased a refundable ticket with the exact language under the Penalties section before and ended up cancelling the ticket and got every cent back. Didn't even go through DL customer service for my ticket. Basically clicked the change flight button on the website, clicked cancel, and DL displayed a screen asking me how I'd like my refund (e.g. ticket voucher or full refund to CC). Surprisingly painless. You can call customer service to clarify the fare rules as well if you're concerned (as you should be - it's probably not a cheap ticket!!)

And ... I'd take the full refund. My credit card gives me travel protection only if I pay for my ticket in full with it.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Dec 28, 2018 at 4:53 am Reason: no need to repeat fare rules