FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Bump Rates; compensation for VDB / Voluntary Denied Boarding (master thread)
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:10 pm
ryan182

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
Anyone get a volunteer offer in the app within T24 of your flight before? I just noticed it on mine (iOS) when I looked at the gate info for our DFW-MSP tomorrow at 12:06.

I've never seen it before. Here's what it looked like...

Did the app say what the comp would be or are you just adding yourself to the list and you find out at the gate what the offer is?

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Those are award miles, not qualifying miles. This person is one of the smart ones that probably uses them before they devalue on a YoY basis.
Very true as airline miles, regardless of program AA/UA/DL etc, are not now and have never been a "currency" that increases in value over time. I try to keep my balance high enough such that I can book 2-3 Intl-F awards (its good to have options ) in at least 2 programs and so when I'm about 350-400K in any one airline thats my signal that its time to burn some because you never know when the next "enhancement" to the award chart will come.