FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access and other Lounge FAQs
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:19 pm
HKUSFLYER

Programs: Marco Polo, BA Executive club, SPG, Hyatt,
Originally Posted by Cambo
AFAIK, the guesting is related to the Sapphire status and can be used, when both you AND your guest do fly OneWorld metal (the ticket issuer is not relevant).
How deep the staff does bow to you is based on the FF number on the BP. The guesting is not related to the FF number on the BP, but simply "rules".

In case you run into troubles, you can always ask the lounge guardians to replace the FF number on the BP to the one giving you guesting privileges and at the gate return to the FF for claiming points/miles. Be aware, to get a new BP with the correct FF number, as a proof for you, in case something goes wrong in the points/miles registration. Then you have a BP showing the real life. CX seems to be pretty good at this. MH has been reported that the change of FF on the BP does not trickle through to the correct systems and the points/miles go to the wrong savings' location. Take care to have a BP showing the factual situation (If they reissue the BP, they keep the old one).
Thank you so much for that detailed reply. I think to be on the safe side, I should do the Check-in with the Sapphire status and gained lounge access. Then I change it to another FFP at the gate prior to take off right?

I wonder whether I can just use my preferred FFP upon check-in and show the sapphire status card to gain access? Do the lounge guardians require that BP be changed so that it is on the record?