FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [2016-forward]{Archive}
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:11 pm
caseminole

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by prestonh
UA decided to make families with infants and their entourage with accessories a pre-board courtesy, the MCO 'happiest place on earth' is going to have more than its fair share of that market. You had to wait 10-12 minutes to sit in a 5-seat empty F? wow. Hope it worked out ok.
I knew a comment like this would come. Its fine. My point was I am an elite level flyer, and paid top dollar for a seat in first class.

What would it hurt to allow the small handful of F passengers to board first, then let all the crazy crying kids go after.

I guess the other part that bothers me is the entitlement that some (not all) of the parents w/kids feel by boarding first.

I've been flying the airline 25K miles+ for 30+ years running, and I'm watching folks maybe flying United for the first time with a screaming 23 month old get priority.

And, yes, I feel that I am entitled, not those folks.