FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:33 am
itsme

Programs: united airlines
Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

I believe that my Global Entry is about to expire tomorrow, which is my birthday. (Does Global Entry cue up with birthdays, as drivers licenses do?) So want to renew without delay, but can't navigate website and get it accomplished, and with government shutdown, no CBP helpline. (Any point in heading to airport in hope off help from live persons there?)

I think I got stuck when a "password" was called for. I was to create a new password for what would reason? Don't think I ever set up a <login.gov> account before, so I was to create a new one for use there with my email address in effect the username? (I was offered the opportunity to use their suggested password, a thoroughly random long scramble of letters and numbers.) Confused, because later came to another request for password and opportunity to create one, with no guidelines as to what was allowable in terms of number of characters, caps or not, symbols or not, etc. How many passwords in all and to what purpose? Do I need or can I use any info from the GE card I think I have somewhere around the house?

What are all the acronyms (e.g., "GOES") I see? Which pertain to what I am after, namely GE renewal?

How many $$$ to renew? How much if deadline passes, and will they grant extension because of shutdown?

Any help will be appreciated.

(That CBP helpline is unavailable because of government shutdown, but critical parts of the agency go on operating?)

Last edited by itsme; Dec 27, 2018 at 10:35 am