FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS etoll charges? How to avoid it?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:34 pm
twitch76

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kxc262
The express lanes will only be free with Fastrak Flex which allows you to set the number of people in your car. As far as I know, Avis does not offer Fastrak Flex.

Even if you have 2+ people, you will still be charged the toll if you do not have Fastrak Flex.
I don’t believe this is true for the I-15 Express Lanes in San Diego County. From How to use the I-15 Express Lanes

• Carpools, vanpools, transit, clean air vehicles, and motorcycles are always FREE on the I-15 Express Lanes.
    • As long as two or more occupants are in your car, you can enjoy the time-saving benefits of the I-15 Express Lanes at no cost. An occupant is defined as any person who occupies a safety restraint device. Visit 511sd.com/iCommute to learn more about ridesharing options. If you are a FasTrak customer, remove the transponder from your windshield and place it in the MylarŪ bag provided when you opened your account to ensure you aren’t charged the toll.