FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd Amex Behavior - Points not posting to hotel/airline accounts
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:40 pm
michaelr

Odd Amex Behavior - Points not posting to hotel/airline accounts

I opened a Hilton Aspire and a SPG Luxury card in my wife's name. We met the minimum spend for each card with a single tax transaction. The Amex website shows for her SPG account 112k points earned in October. However, these points have not posted to her Marriott account. She and I have talked multiple times with Amex reps who can see that the points are queued up, however, they never post. SPG/Marriott numbers, first and last name have been doublechecked multiple times and are correct.

With respect to the Aspire card, the Amex website shows that her Hilton account no is missing. Again, we have called multiple times and ask them to add the number. We are told every time that the number should appear with 24 hours, however, it never does. This card was only opened 3-4 weeks so I am in wait and see mode at this point.

She has the Amex Business Blue card which she actively uses and puts $2k-$3k/month spend on. Membership reward points are posting without any issues. About 18 months ago her MR redemption was blocked by Amex. She was not able to transfer any MR points to airlines. This issue remained for about 9 months until I filed a complaint. I filed a complaint for the SPG issue a few days ago, here: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

No one from Amex has indicated at all that anything is under investigation. Yet it seems odd that nothing can be done to enable the transfers of the points & that she the same issues with two separate cards and hotel providers.

Is anyone else having similar issues with Amex?