FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ec261 compensation on Aeroflot?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:41 pm
bexbexbex

ec261 compensation on Aeroflot?

Hi all, posting this for my 2 friends stuck in Moscow. Is EC 261 valid for flights departing from EU with a connection in Moscow and final destination outside EU? My 2 friends were meant to fly in separately from AMS and FCO, meet in DME and then continue on their journey to outside the EU together. Both their planes into DME were delayed (due to air traffic delays I believe) which meant that Aeroflot transferred FCO friend's ticket to next day. This is even though that when they both got the their gate in DME less than 20 mins before departure, people were still boarding. Question 1: is EC 261 compensation applicable here?
Secondly, AMS friend asked to transfer their ticket to same flight as FCO so both could travel together. The person at the gate gave them verbal confirmation. However, at the transfer ticket office, Aeroflot told them AMS friend should have been on the flight, and will now have to pay for own onward ticket. Question 2: can AMS friend still get EC 261 if they prove they had verbal confirmation from Aeroflot to transferring their ticket to next day?

Mods: If this should be on another thread, please let me know!