FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:17 pm
Tiffywren

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I just wanted to share my experience of using the 2-4-1 voucher for the first time; I'd heard all the tales of being able to book the outbound flight then desperately trying to get an inbound flight to match and was quite worried it would be so difficult I'd end up not using it.

I was planning on taking my sister to Hong Kong and Singapore next year for her X0th birthday (can't tell you how old she is, she'd kill me!) using the AMS-BKK fare and a GUF2 but I left it too late and the rules changed, making it much more expensive. I don't know if it's because I'm booking 8 months ahead or we were a bit flexible on dates or I just got lucky but I checked the BA reward fight finder, found dates with both J and A availability and rang the Gold line. The girl in the call centre couldn't have been more helpful and although the whole process took about an hour I ended up with 2 LBA-LHR-SIN//HKG-LHR-LBA tickets in First for 195k Avios and taxes. She even tried to book SIN-HKG RFS seats for me, but sadly there was no availability on the dates I need.

Perhaps I was just lucky but the whole experience was far less stressful than I thought it would be - the only downside is I won't get the TPs but, on the other hand, the taxes were half of the cost of the original tickets I planned to buy so I'm sure I can make the TPs up somewhere else!

Last edited by Tiffywren; Dec 26, 2018 at 12:18 pm Reason: typo