FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:49 am
2old4coach

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Date Changes to an ex-cai Done5

Originally Posted by anabolism
I have a QR-plated agency-issued ex-CAI DONE5 that starts in early February. I want to make date changes to the last few flights. The agency says they cannot do the date change until I fly the first flight in February. My concern is that one of the flights I want to change (AA) has gone down to D2 on the date I need to move to (two passengers, so I need D2). I tried to get AA to upgrade a flight and re-issue, but AA said they couldn't because the ticket shouldn't have been issued in the first place, as there had been a memo to all OW carriers to pull ex-CAI fares. The agency says I can call QR to make the change if I want, but I wanted to check here before I try that; I obviously don't want to risk the ticket.
I made a number of date changes to my ex-cai AONE5 with the exception of the first flight. I made these some changes before I took the first flight.
I just re read the rules and date changes are allowed ( not Routing) by rules as long as last flight is 12 months or less from first flight. ( Sorry if you already knew that).
As for the response AA gave you :BS. The folks at the AA RTW desk are less than helpful these days. I would venture to say thay are obstructionists. AA stopped issuing the ex Cai RTW but I bought 2 from BA on the OW web site after AA stopped selling ex cai. For changes to existing tickets AA is better than BA for RTW but only if you can pry an approved routing out of them.

However that said: To be safe I would wait until you fly the first sector if you feel you ticket might be screwed up by the agency. I felt that every change I made through BA was poorly handeled and took 30-60 days. Also on the reissue ( on routing chages) I felt that BA collected much larger Y Fees than they should have because they had to manually reprice the re issue. My wife thought they were trying everthing to make using the cheap ticket difficult. One supervisor tried to force a downgrade on a segment that had first... I just called back and fixed that issue in a couple of days, no downgrades on the enire RTW..

I just finished my second AONE 6 in September: Sucessfully.. I will miss all the great First class flights on QR, QF, and CX that are now priced out of reach for us.
I would do it all again without hesitation!

Good luck !

PS I dumped AA as my program and I am back to BA Gold. I got a ton of Avios and Miles on the 2 Aone5's!