FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reliability of 9W flight status on website
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:02 am
flyalways

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Kind of late on this... but yeah calling 9W is always the best thing to do.

Apparently 9W was correct.... it looks like the flight did take off & land on time.

I'm surprised though that Flightaware would get it so wrong and don't they get their information from 9W? Or is it from some other sources?
Yes...This was really bizarre ! FA was showing "cancelled" until 60 minutes before the flight and then changed to
"on time". I had called 9W before and they had said the flight was operating and not cancelled. Many airlines
are notorious in not informing the customers until the last minute so I was confused as to what to do here.
I booked a $60 ticket for AI flight at the same time. Did not want my wife get stuck in GOI in the holiday
rush season. Ultimately the 9W flight operated on time looks like but she flew AI. Yes...FA was totally
incorrect and cost me 5000 FF miles on 9W + some tax which I will not get back :-(
If someone knows where FA gets its (wrong) information from, that would help me next time if similar
thing happens !