FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by number_6
Correct, you may need to request that the agent phones their supervisor or help desk to assist; I doubt it is a deliberate attempt by QF to make it hard to do such interlining, more a case of infrequently used options being buried inside a menu system that the agents rarely navigate. Usually not a problem at SYD/MEL but a big problem at outlying airports particularly those with contract staff (so they work different systems, not just QF). Making interlining hard has got to be the dumbest idea that legacy airlines have adopted en masse ... great way to make LCC more successful.
Agree. I remember back in 2002 I checked in at CDG for an AF flight to LHR, with my next flight on QF. Separate tickets. I asked if I could get checked through expecting to be rebuffed. And they were able to interline as if it was a normal check in. No confusion, no extended wait times. Things have changed for the worse.