FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does KLM always notify missing bags from AMS?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:21 pm
ticino

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
So my bags finally arrived.

Had the WorldTracer really worked, I would have forgotten about the bags, but the WorldTracer updated only a few minutes after I got a call from Gol telling me they were sending the bags to my address. So it went from something like "Bags still being located, try again later" to "Bags are being delivered" a couple of hours before they arrived at the address I had given Gol. No use giving you a tracking number if the information is not updated. In my case it only made matters a worse.

I understand that KLM is not responsible for the bags, but I had hoped they had some system that could tell that my bags were in one of their planes. I suspect that was the reason why I didn't get a notification that my bags didn't make it to the GRU flight as I normally do when bags get delayed at Schiphol. The bags were not KLM's responsibility.

I won't bother filing any claims for the few things I had to buy. I absolutely love AF/KLMs cabin allowance and it's one of the reasons I fly them. Usually use it to the max. So I did have plenty of stuff with me and besides not all our bags got delayed, some did arrive. But we had equipment we will be needing for glacier trekking and I needed to re-order as soon as possible to be sure to get it down here on time. That's why I have been reloading Worldtracer all the time.

Thanks for all you answers and Happy New Year