FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:39 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

We are looking into a trip to Chicago over MLK weekend. I know Chicago in January, but its an easy quick weekend trip from PIT without feeling like a half day is wasted each way from traveling.

We will mainly be there to check out some restaurants, navy pier (the beach installation has me intriguied), hit up Millennium park, and simply enjoy being somewhere away from PIT. A hotel with easy access to the metro is a plus as well as ease of walking to key sights in the downtown area. Solid breakfast offering for elites and a reasonably well maintained/fresh room that isn’t cramped or tattered.

I have been looking at the Palmer House, Drake, HGI, Conrad, etc. I was leaning towards to the Conrad because of the current AMEX Offer ($350+/$70 back) and the Conrad is offering a holiday special ($50/night F+B credit).

However, in reading the reviews here in the dedicated thread for the Conrad has me a little concerned about this particular Conrad not exactly living up to its brand reputation. I have enjoyed my stay at the Conrad in Beijing and Bali, does the one in Chicago deliver the same level of experience or should I have lower expectations?