FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does KLM always notify missing bags from AMS?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:20 am
ticino

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Any inquiry regarding your delayed bag for localization and delivery has indeed to be made with them (but that's certainly not a reason to not enquire the PSL, knowing that the bag is likely in AMS, so in KL hands). But any claim for compensation, reimbursement of expenses has to be made with the marketing carrier, not with GOL (unless you have a GOL ticket which is very unlikely if purchased on AF website).
The trip is indeed all KL-coded. And yes, we filed our irregularity report through Gol. According to KLM this means that they cannot tell us whether the bags are in their hands or not right now as they cannot access the file, so they refuse to have anything to do with us (I contacted them after I read your reply). And that is fine if those are the rules but Gol doesn't answer the phone nor do they reply to emails. They wrote down the wrong dates for the flights in the World tracer and I cannot edit them so we are hoping the KL tags are enough to locate the bags. I also wanted to ask KLM whether they could send the bags to PDE rather than to MVD (we are not there any more), as Gol refused. So if the bags turn up we'll have to travel 180x2 km to pick them up.

About compensation I bought the tickets with my corporate card so we have better coverage through them. They are also way more efficient and very easy to deal with. I hadn't realised how flying the last segment on a different airline can be such a headache when things go wrong.

Thanks for your help!