FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Cozumel, Mexico [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:51 pm
Firebird2k6

Hi all.

I'm really debating about the following and am torn. Risk/Reward situation. Looking for advice:

1.) 4 nights at the JW Cancun club 91 lounge with $100/night credits
2.) 5 nights at the Westin Cozumel all inclusive package. Price is similar to the JW after the credits ($100 more total for extra night [after credits] plus maybe $100 round trip transportation to Cozumel from Cancun airport)

We plan on using the spa a few times.

My conundrums:

The JW has great pools, a great beach, the service isn't a risk, but you only get drinks 6pm-10pm. Service is important. You know the beach is great. Hotel is well kept.

Westin is all inclusive at the restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and appears you can chose between 3 for dinner. Seems to be lightly frequented, probably high chance of Platinum Premier upgrade, but service reviews have been pretty poor, I've only seen one review of the all inclusive (my biggest concern), the beach is minimal but you can snorkel right off property, the mini-bar is part of the all-inclusive and refreshed daily. I'm thinking the all inclusive offering is new, but it's weird there have been almost no posts about it. If everything they're advertising is awesome, it'll definitely be better bang-for-the-buck. They also haven't updated their official photo from CGI. Will lose 3 hours each way traveling between Cozumel and Cancun airport (hence extra day)

Really torn between these.

Westin:
Rate Details

All Inclusive Package, includes buffet breakfast for 2 guests daily at Las Gaviotas, lunch for 2 guests daily at Las Gaviotas, dinner for 2 guests daily, snacks daily, mini bar, see Rate details

Additional Information
  • All Inclusive Package for 2.
  • BREAKFAST at Las Gaviotas Restaurant
  • LUNCH at Las Gaviotas Restaurant
  • Snack Pool Bar A La Carte services
  • DINNER at Cuzamil Terrace Italian specialty, Cuzamil Restaurant
  • Inca-Maya fusion specialty, Las Gaviotas Restaurant Mexican
  • specialty and/or Grill House Snack Bar.
  • National and International beverages in all of our Restaurants
  • and Bars
  • Other Services
  • -24 hour room services, alcoholic beverages served by the glass
  • (service charge 10.00 usd)
  • -Mini Bar (Beers, soda and water - restocked daily)
  • -High speed Wi-Fi internet (All throughout the hotel)
  • -24 hrs Westin Workout Gym
  • -Day time activities, beach and pool area
  • -24 hour customer service
  • -Service charge and taxes included
  • Extra person charges apply. Additional child (6-12 years old):
  • 50.00 USD per day. Additional person over 12: 130.00 USD per
  • day. Other services not mentioned above are not included in the
  • rate.

Last edited by Firebird2k6; Dec 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm