FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on 8 day trip to San Francisco and Monterey 1st time with family
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:18 pm
gaobest
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Fabulous! Your planning looks great.

i think 5 days in sf (no car) and 3 days in Monterey is great! Monterey has so much. The Monterey Hyatt has a pool and has hosted golf events before. There are nearby driving ranges if you are interested.

For friday night, there are great dining near sfo in Burlingame, south San Francisco, and San Bruno. Just check in at hotel, unpack your gear, get dinner, and have a leisurely Saturday morning for car return and check in etc.

we spend 7 nights in Carmel every year and love it, but you can see it with Big Sur at a later visit!

muir Woods / Sausalito are nice and CROWDED nonstop with cars. If your tour guide includes transport to these places, then you can avoid parking hassles. We drive north at times and often pass official highway signs that say Muir Woods Parking Full etc

any giants game might be fun...

If you go to Haight ashbury and enter golden gate park near there, keep aware of your surroundings and safety more than normal.

Loads of good food in sf but Hyatt club breakfast is almost impossible to beat :-). I have great memories of the Hyatt Huntington Beach club breakfast!

ask anything, I’m a native...