FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge Flight Report and Feedback Thread
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:38 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
On the ground, a FA approached me to speak at me without any notes (recall I am deaf) and from the context, I surmised she was confirming that, and I caught her asking if I wanted a safety briefing, and I said no, and she said "have you flown with us before?" (Seriously, I do not expect fawning and thanks for being an Altitude member or anything, but can't you familiarize yourself with the manifest to see if you have any FF? There were only FOUR people in J - to start. See later.) I said, only 60,000 miles this year, and she said okay and departed.

No PDB (just water these days, but I was thirsty and wanted it) until I asked for it. There were just a couple bottles left on seats from the inbound flight. No menus for anyone until I asked this.

Then the senior FA came around also just talking at me without notes and asked me something, which I guessed was food but in fact it was drinks. I said red wine and she (without notes) named a bunch of varieties she expected me to lipread. I just guessed something I thought she might have and off she went.

One or the other of them made a round of the cabin handing out cold foil packs of nuts. No proper warm nuts.

Well then, she went back to Y and brought up a family of three people, and proceeded to feed them drinks and the meal. They looked familiar to each other but that was just my impression. I had half a mind to say, why don't you bring up my Mr FQ and FQ Jr from back there too? Prior to these folks, there were 20 empty seats. I mean, my family isn't entitled to J seats (I passed on the $160/person USD LMU) but neither were they. If these people were entitled, why didn't the GA give them J boarding passes?

Meanwhile, my drink (ordered earlier) did not get delivered until my meal tray arrived and I said "do you have my drink?" (The family, meanwhile, is kicking it with mixed drinks and meals.)

I received a stale and not warm bread roll (no choice of white or brown) and although my tray was eventually removed, I was not offered any more beverage. The glass was left on my tray table until the aircraft landed, and nobody checked if any seats were upright or the trays retracted. They were just hiding in the galley the whole way.

All in all NOT a stellar outing with me for ACr today.