FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:37 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
Has anyone gotten their legacy SPG stay based status to post before the "sweep" in Jan 2019 using their Amex stays?

I have curtailed my Marriott/SPG stays this year after the IT disaster, but still racked up 23 legacy SPG stays and have the old SPG Amex.

Wondering if I need to call in or if there is no expectation of it working until the sweep? Or maybe the Amex stays don't really count?
You MIGHT be lucky enough to find a CSR that knows how and is willing to bump your status, but do not expect the system to do it on its own. The current code is devoid of all legacy rules and the guess is the January sweep will get you caught up and I am sure there will be no retro credit for any points (bonuses) earned between when you met the threshold and January. I also expect there will be some additional glitches that they did not program into the sweep where we will be told to tamp sand or maybe a manual override. We won't know until it happens AND if we keep on top of what they forgot.