FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Houston, TX [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2018, 3:01 pm
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was as I remembered. Nothing remarkable but also no real complaints also no upgrades for this Plat Premier. If you want the swankiest joint in town it’s definately Post Oak Hotel right down the road. StR needs to splash some cash and upgrade IMHO.
Yikes. We have very different definitions of what constitutes a 5 star luxury hotel. It has to include excellent service to me, and there’s a reason so few luxury designations of Houston hotels include the Post Oak Hotel. The Post Oak has a very new, nice hard product, indeed—reminiscent of a flashy blend between Vegas and the Monarch Beach Hotel in SoCal—but is woefully lacking in 5 star service from the few times I’ve dined and had drinks there. Also, those hookers at the bar don’t really impress me.

The StR isn’t as new and does need a renovation, but its service is top drawer. The StR knows how to handle discerning guests. The Post Oak hasn’t much of a clue. And the rates reflect that reality.

Ironically, my friends in Houston still say the StR, desperate as it may be for a refurbishment, is the toast of the town. The FS is a disaster of poor design and the JW is an exercise in huge and boring corporate design with little service ethos (much like the Post Oak).