FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Itinerary for Senior First timers in Japan
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:08 pm
fandi

Originally Posted by LapLap
15,000 yen a night for three people is certainly a fair price.

Ueno Station is not just one station and the walk between the Keisei station and the JR part is over ten minutes. I will have to look up where your hotel is located.
EDIT - oh... the Uno is a hostel. And 15,000yen may be getting you a 9m2 room with both a semi double and a single bed squeezed in there. Not really such a fair price, but you should get your own ensuite bathroom.
The location is between the main Ueno station and Okachimachi station. I guess I f you don’t get on with one station you can use the other.

I hope the booking is refundable. I sincerely believe somewhere much nicer than this and similarly priced will become available in the next month or so. Your budget is quite similar to what mine has always been.

I’m not very familiar with Kyoto so won’t comment there.
If you don't mind, may I ask if you were still using a wheelchair?
All my bookings are refundable as I still on the lookout for better deals in February. My next step is to figure out where to visit in Tokyo (I have entire 4 days in Tokyo after deducting traveling time) and how to move from point A to point B. I'll go back to the beginning of this thread to find the answers for these. I'll download Hyperdia to know how to use it (I'll get a Wifi hotspot and a Suica card at Narita airport). Time for reading the forum about shinkansen, limousine bus, JR passes as I still don't know how to go from Narita to hotel, from Tokyo to Kyoto and from Kyoto straight to Narita.