FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does KLM always notify missing bags from AMS?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:35 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ticino
I find this a bit weird as I was told by Gol upon landing that the 2 bags had never left Amsterdam, so I assumed they were localised. So then what Gol meant is that they only know that the bags never made it to the AMS-GRU flight but they don't know where they ended up, and that today, more than 24 hours after that flight took off World Tracer still don't know
What they may have seen in the system is that your bag has been scanned in AMS but as it hasn't reached the GRU flight, the bag is not localized as it can be anywhere in AMS or has been wrongly loaded into a plane bound to anywhere but GRU.

For the record, I ended up calling the platinum line and was told that all clams should be made via AF as I bought my tickets on AFs website.
The website for purchase is irrelevant in that case. Were your flights AF- or KL-coded ? If the former, then yes you have to deal with AF. If the latter, then deal with KL. Knowing your itinerary, I have the feeling that it is KL-coded.

Update: apparently we have to make any claim through Gol. Second person in the platinum line said the info we'd received before was wrong.
GOL is just acting as the AF-KL ground handling agent in GRU and I understand they are the ones who created your missing bag file. Any inquiry regarding your delayed bag for localization and delivery has indeed to be made with them (but that's certainly not a reason to not enquire the PSL, knowing that the bag is likely in AMS, so in KL hands). But any claim for compensation, reimbursement of expenses has to be made with the marketing carrier, not with GOL (unless you have a GOL ticket which is very unlikely if purchased on AF website).