FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - digEplayers, Is There Still the Need?
View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:27 am
Xrayman

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
digEplayers, Is There Still the Need?

I travel with my Smart phone, a lap top and frequently an iPad. I NEVER take the digi player as there is the GoGo library of movies and TV shows for viewing that are the same titles. This is duplicative and unnecessary. There are chargers on the plane so risk of my devices low on charge are low. What’s the real need and value to the elite FF in getting this offered as complimentary. I’ve spoken to many elite level FF and nearly 100% are savvy and experienced enough with travel to have there own devices.

I would much prefer and see as a true valued benefit complimentary GoGo WiFi access for 75K elites as opposed to the clunky Digi player. Who knows it might even decrease cost by decreasing the weight on the plane by not needing to bring as many, decrease hassle for FAs, decrease repair or replacement costs.

I realize GoGo is a separate contracted service provider but I’m sure something could be worked out. Currently I pay the nearly $50 automatic billed monthly pass to access WiFi. I have no doubt that most 75K elites if not offered the Digi player has an alternative personal screen they could, and would prefer to use over a general use touch screen device used by many others. I don’t have an unrational germ phobia but use reasonable precautions with hand hygiene and don’t go out of my way. I just find the digi players as limited value i this current era of screen access nearly universal.