FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be Aware, All Marriotts Have an Internal System Where they can criticize you!!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:17 pm
kaizen7

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Well, I, for one, knew nothing about such customer information systems, so I'm glad the OP alerted us..

It's hard to draw any conclusions, however, without seeing exactly what's in it, what the format is, etc. People have noted the problems this presents if there's a lack of context (e.g., a person with 300 stays is naturally going to have a lot more comments). But we don't know that. It seems very likely to me that it would be part of a larger profile, which would likely include statistics on all your stays. Maybe some insider will relent and give us more details on exactly how this works.

As a footnote, such things did not exist when I worked for Hyatt 30 years ago, needless to say. But when you had repeat guests, everybody got to know who the problem children were, as well as the great guests. There was a lady who came to the Austin Hyatt who was a Courtesy Card holder. Don't know if that still exists, but at the time I was told there were only about 400 of them, and they were all friends of the Pritzkers. If one were to call for a room and you were sold out, you were supposed to kick out someone to accommodate them! Never happened that I know of. But this particular woman was the best guest ever. Calm, professional, empathetic, accommodating. I loved seeing her show up (and she liked me, too!) I would imagine if you're a regular guest at a property (as the OP seems to be) they would know you well enough to determine if those comments were valid or not.
I believe further information about how the entry recorded would be great.

If the entry is just simply text that anyone can edit then I agree its pretty useless.
But if the entry have record who input the said entry, and time stamp then it will be less prone to abuse.
As the one who put the notes have to be responsible for that particular notes.

When I worked at a serviced apartment company, our cms have similar function.
We can add comments about particular guest and that entry will be stamped with our name and time and its visible to all properties.