FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Runaround from IHG and Holiday Inn Club Vacations
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:50 pm
freebee

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Runaround from IHG and Holiday Inn Club Vacations

IHG Rewards Club and HI Club Vacation resorts appear to operate in two separate universes, which poses a big problem when an HI Vacation Club unit is offered using IHG Rewards Night Points. Due to a vague language regarding whether a 1 night non-refundable deposit would be charged in points (worth the risk) or in the nightly cash price of the unit ( $600, and definitely not worth the risk), I sought clarification from IHG Rewards Club reps, who referred me to the HI Vacation Club Department. They, in turn, said their department had nothing to do with booking anything on points and sent me back to IHG, but not before trying to pitch me a time share. IHG reps were totally clueless, and calling back and speaking to another agent (who referred me to the HI Vacation Club) and asking for a supervisor was an exercise in futility. After five phone calls to five different numbers, I am giving IHG the 2018 reward for worst customer service from any hotel loyalty program,