FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Word of Warning - Amex Travel Insurance LGW Disruption 20.12.18
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:12 am
ringingup

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by howbigmassive
I understand you need to book flights on an Amex card, not particularly your Amex Plat card. I've had this confirmed a number of times on the phone to Amex customer services. However the card T&Cs specify that the flights must be booked on 'the card' which means the Plat card. Obviously if the airline doesn't accept Amex, Amex will honour the claim.

However, I've booked flights on my BA Amex card and claimed for lost baggage against my Amex Plat policy and had no questions or issues, and Amex paid out.
Just to clarify, for the policy aspects that require payment with the "Card account", it has to be any consumer and small business cards directly issued by American Express and it does not need to be, in your example, the Platinum Charge Card.

“Account” or “Card Account” means your consumer and small business cards issued by American Express in the UK, excluding corporate cards and any American Express Cards issued by bank partners.
A Lloyds Amex card, for example, does not meet that definition.
American Express cards that are not issued directly by Amex