FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington Georgetown Marriott [Master Thread]
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:21 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by etsmyers

and from what I have seen, most of these will be 24/7 clubs
Mostly. At least in the sense that you can go in at 11 p.m. and get a Pepsi.

One disappointment has been that originally, at least as I understood it, the M Club lounges were supposed to offer expanded food and drink choices over the legacy concierge lounges. The Marriott Washington certainly adopted that concept, including, at least most of the first two and a half years, on weekends at night.

Other properties with M Club lounges have been operating them with the same pathetic food selection as they did in the old concierge lounges; chicken wings, cheese cubes, maybe some crackers, and whatever. Some of them even close the lounge for breakfast on weekends. I would point to the Marriott properties in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Pontiac/Bloomfield Hills/Auburn Hills.

Then there's the Marriott London County Hall, which transformed its executive lounge (I don't think it was ever called a concierge lounge) into a M Club, but doesn't have a buffet and instead gives you three individual (and small) servings of food each night. If you want more you have to pay. At least that was the arrangement at the end of 2017. That was enough for me to stop staying there.

I've noticed in the last year there has also been a gradual uptick of properties up-selling restaurant food and drinks in M Club. The Marriott in Georgetown puts menus on nearly every table in the M Club at night. I'm not sure the point of ordering in the M Club and paying restaurant prices but not getting restaurant service, especially when it comes to the self-serve wine dispenser.