FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA award change policy
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:42 pm
Journey4Happy

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by armagebedar
For partner awards you can make changes according within the following restrictions:

After ticketing, you can change your departure date within the ticket's validity period.

* Please note that reservations are not permitted more than 330 days in advance.

When changing your booking, you may be asked to pay the balance for various taxes including fuel surcharges.You will be informed the amount if there is any when changing your reservation.

[Disapprove for changes]

After the application, the passenger's name and the person who redeems the mileage cannot be changed.

No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

Your booked class cannot be changed except for the following cases.

*If there is seat available for lower class booking can be changed to lower class cabin. However, mileage for such changes is not returned when changing a reservation to a lower cabin class.

*When flight award tickets are issued using mileage for an upgraded cabin class, booking change can be made to upper class when there is an available seat in an upgraded cabin class.
No changes in airlines, passengers, segments, destination, stopovers, transit points are allowed.

I've seen people ask about removing a beginning or end segment, but are they even this strict with layovers?
Say my flight is IAH-DEN (2 hour layover) -LAX because that's all that is avaiable right now... if I try to change the date, do I have to find IAH-DEN-LAX? What if IAH-LAX is available? Or IAH-ORD-LAX?