FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 'new' SQ21/SQ22 (A350-900ULR): reviews, trip reports, best/worst seats and more
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:27 pm
cnosaj

To report back on my connection experience:
- Flight from YYZ arrived on time at EWR
- Made it from disembarking at Terminal A1 to the VS Clubhouse in Terminal B2 within 30 minutes
-Went by the SQ check-in desks to reprint my boarding passes and the agent confirmed my check bag details
- Checked bag made it through to SYD, though it came out towards the end (whether it was just bad luck or because the first segment of the itinerary was in Y so priority didn't carry over from the next 2 J segments)

This was my first trip in SQ J , some of my notes for SQ21.
Pros:
- The time flew by on this flight. I did SQ26 from SIN-JFK last year in Suites and whilst it was more enjoyable to spend more time in Suites, I can appreciate the time saving without a stop
- I found the 2013 J seat to be very comfortable to sit in, lounge and relax
- I used the complimentary wifi somewhere over Azerbaijan and India and it worked well for iMessage and WhatsApp
- J was not 100% full, so I had a seat and used the empty seat across the aisle as my bed

Nitpicks:
- The leg nook is very cramped and restrictive and I didn't find sleeping in bed mode too comfortable
- As in an above post, the locking mechanism on the toilets still were not engaging
- This was my first SQ segment where there was crew who weren't energetic, confident and pleasant, a big contrast to my connecting flight to SYD