FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chance of getting on earlier flights?
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:52 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
My personal point of view.
CX, like many airlines, will be quite inflexible in HKG for basically changing a ticket without imposing the change fee. That is except if there are some "disruptions" on the BKK run. You can always ask but result is uncertain.
I don't know what is the change fee on your ticket. If it were me, I would value 12 hours of my time and would not hesitate to pay a significant change fee to move to a 9:10 or 10:00 flight which are generally operated by an arriving longhaul ac with PE. I don't know how complex is your ticket, but it is not straightforward to move you from Y to PE. My preferred option would be to do the change before you leave LAX. Assuming that you have bags, that would be the best option.
If you don't want to pay the change fee, the second option would be to stop at the transfer desk at the arrival level before going through security to the departure level. If they refuse to change it to an earlier flight for free than I would go in town. I don't think that the F lounge can do better than them. And if you go to departure level to the F lounge and get the same answer, then it is now quite a hassle to go out of the airport. Last time it took me well over an hour.wait at the immigration office (and I am PR).

Last edited by brunos; Dec 23, 2018 at 4:29 am