FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:11 pm
MilesTalk
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by tonywush
Damn, I think my booking is screwed now. I called SPG support on Dec 12 when my original redemption shows paid rate. The lady cancelled my old reservation and made a new one which is natively in Marriott platform. Now the rate details shows Room Only.

That sucks, now I have to write up a long email to the hotel, explaining all the history.

I am just tired of keep fighting for things that you are supposed to have! This year I probably had spend 10+ hours with Marriott on these non-necessary things!
Where do you see the Room Only in your reservation? I had an old SPG booking which I had to cancel and rebook on Dec 12th as well. The new reservation makes no reference at all to what’s included (or not) and I assumed the same as before.

I’ve looked up and down at my email confirmation and confirmation on Marriott.com and there’s simply no mention on either of ‘Room Only’.

My expectation on arrival would certainly be full room and board given nothing in the booking channel or my confirmation to the contrary, but curious if you are seeing it somewhere I’m not.

Also curious the the prices for everything if not included?? I don’t think I’d go if food and activities were a la carte.

I'm sure the screen still said "full board and 2 activities" included.

Last edited by MilesTalk; Dec 28, 2018 at 10:39 am