View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 18, 8:09 pm
Kimchi278

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
If you want a more authentic experience, then forget Ranthambhore and go instead to Madhya Pradesh and stay at Taj Banjaar Tola.

If you must go to Ranthambhore, then I have stayed at all three and think Sujan is probably the most 'authentic', although I like Vanyavilas a lot, as it is very civilised.

Other more original places to go would be Hyderabad, staying at Taj Falaknuma Palace.

Kolkata is limited in its interest, I think, but The Oberoi Grand is the best option here.

Another trip of interest would be in the North - start at Sukhvilas in Chandigarh, then take a driver to The Cecil is Shimla and stay a night, then onward to Wildflower Hall in Mashobra, at the foothills of the Himalayas. Great trip.
This was super helpful and I'm going to thoroughly research all suggestions and probably choose one of the options you suggested. I wanted to go to Sukvilas at Chandigarh of course but it is fully booked for the entire time period that I have holiday for.

Do you know anything about Taj Nadesar Palace or Brijrama Palace in Varanasi? Varanasi looks quite touristy but in the way that Udaipur is in that although there are tons of tourists there are many for a reason and its still a place you should see (?)
Not sure if that is accurate though. I am so intrigued by Hyderabad and Madhya Pradesh. Do you know if tiger sightings are as likely there as they are at Ranthambore?

Thanks again for all your insight!