FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:02 pm
sarahluv

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by LennartH
I am planning a weekend stay in February and two exceptions from my usual pattern force me to ask you about what to choose.

First, I am flying into and out of LHR this time. So my usual choice (Hilton Canary Wharf) is not as convenient as normally when I use LCY.

Second, I am no longer Diamond, but a lowly Gold member now.

These are the possible options:

- DT Tower of London: 92 GBP
- Hilton Tower Bridge: 127 GBP
- The Trafalger: 167 GBP
- Conrad: 191 GBP
- DT Westminster: 131 GBP
- DT West End: 137 GBP
- Hilton Paddington: 151 GBP
- Hilton Metropole: 119 GBP
- DT Marble Arch: 141 GBP
- DT Victoria: 143 GBP
- Hampton Waterloo: 119 GBP
- Hilton Euston: 135 GBP
- Hilton Bankside: 149 GBP

I am more interested in a good location (to/from LHR and touristy areas), a good breakfast and nicely updated rooms than lounge access and quality.

Which one would you choose being a Gold member?
I'd say the Metropole, but ensure that they put you in an updated room in the West Wing. 10/15 min walk from Paddington. 15 min walk to oxford street. Close to 3 tube lines. Breakfast is good but I think they'd removed the pancakes and omelettes. Of course Paddington is also an option, but I find the rooms very dated.
Also, if you intend on getting the Heathrow Express, book your tickets now, as they are much cheaper if you book them in advance