FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iceland, Spain & Morocco via IcelandAir Business Class & British Airways First Class
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:00 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Reykjavik, Iceland
Day 2

We didn’t set the alarm today and had set the “do not disturb” sign on the door. We woke up at 1 PM! Oh my. I guess we needed the sleep. The eastward jet lag knocked us out.

With no real agenda, and a decision made yesterday not to take an out of town excursion to an icefield, cave or somewhere similar, we ended up simply wandering around a much brighter central Reykjavik.

It was much more pleasant than the day before where we had 60 km/h winds and lots of intermittent rain.

We had breakfast up on Laguevur at Sandholt Reykjavik. They offered baked goods and take away sandwiches, in addition to a sit down area. Even though we arrived at 2:30 PM, I was able to get a terrific Croque Madame with a fried egg on top along with a salad and sourdough bread. All of it was exceptional and of high quality.

Super tasty.

From there, we spent the balance of the day wandering through Old Reykjavik, taking in the sights. It was a nicer day today and we had some sun.

We wandered down to the harbour where there were there were fantastic views over the harbour to the mountain range. There was also an Iceland styled beach with black rock. The topography reminded me about the shores of Maui, Hawaii, USA.

We wandered down Laekjargata down by the old town. There were quite a view older buildings.

As we wandered through the lower town, the weather was much nicer than yesterday when we were almost blown off our trail.

We ended up at Happy Hour at the Drunk Rabbit, a small Irish Bar styled bar. I used the “Appy Hour” App to find the deals for MrsWT73 who was keen to experience this. We paid with the funny looking Icelandic Krona currency.

From there we moved up town to Bravo for another pint of Viking Lager. A small format location with a nice view of the Lavageur street just outside. Back to the hotel to drop the day bags and cameras for the evening then out to dinner at a local pub. A nice day all around!