FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:14 pm
MOkidKA

Originally Posted by Absolute
Honestly... I wouldn't worry. The Marriott website doesn't work, simply put. Quite often I can't see my reservations, or get "An error has occurred", and have to try later or keep refreshing.

Like their removing hotel emails and going to faxes, it seems Marriott is moving away from having a working website to preferring you to call in.
Long time reader on this forum but registering an account and hoping for some input on this matter.

5 nights stay on points at the St. Regis Florence upcoming from 12/24 to 12/29 and applied SNA on the stay. Received email with legacy SPG purple branding confirming suite night award upgrades on yesterday exactly 5 days ahead of the stay. The email stated that one, not five, suite night awards has been applied. The hotel name and reservation number fields were empty on this email.

This stay has disappeared since then on the list of my stays, although the count total on the Marriott website correctly reflects the number of upcoming stays I have booked (six). I was unable to look up my reservation using the confirmation number I received from the email back then when I first booked the stay.

Called in to Marriott/SPG as suggested by other commenters - called in to Marriott/SPG reservations/customer service and asked the associate to confirm if my stay is still visible and active in the Marriott/SPG system, but the associate is unable to see detailed breakdowns of any stay beyond my soonest upcoming stay (airport hotel), nor provide me with an updated confirmation number for the upcoming St. Regis Florence stay. The associate further told me that I have seven (!!) upcoming stays all with check-in date identical to my airport hotel stay. Call ended with the associate offering to create a service ticket request and to reach out to IT and St. Regis Florence, and suggesting that I call Marriott/SPG reservations/customer service again tomorrow if I hear back.

At this point, I am unsure what/who to trust. Fortunately St. Regis comes with a butler who actively emailed me prior to the stay, and I have detailed the above situation to him. My previous application of SNAs to St. Regis Bali did not create such dramas (albeit a cash rate stay). Will report back with any updates on the situation, and I would really appreciate it if anyone (especially the Lurkers) can offer more insight into this matter.

Thank you!