FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2016 to 2019] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:37 am
jenecho

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
So my indecision continues! It isifor tomorrowto currently have 4 bookings on points that I need to cancel 3 of depending on what I decide before midnight tonight! This is largely based on seeing who pre upgrades me. Unfortunately I know lots do their upgrading in the morning but because they are points booking they need to be cancelled by 23.59 so whatever looks best then will win!
It's made slightly more difficult as I want two beds which limits the availability....plus my friend wants to go out at 7 which limits lounge time so I am also considering this!

I have:
Bankside. Already upgraded to Exec (51,000)
pros: pool. Exec room, salmon and fizz in lounge from 530. Shortest journey.
cons: most expensive.

Tower bridge - twin (42,000)
pros- lounge with terrace with fizz
Cons, not yet upgraded, lounge at 6pm.

DT tower. Twin (34000)
pros - cheap. Lounge from 5.30
Cons - not yet upgraded- they said they would try for a suite but only had one left so couldn't promise. Don't currently have any twin execs so unlikely. No fizz in lounge.

Hilton Paddington. Twin (34000)
pros- cheap. Lounge has fizz? In theory upgraded to deluxe twin but app says standard twin and is preassigning 556 which says normaltwin on map. Close to where we are going.
cons- they didn't think they could upgrade beyond deluxe. Lounge starts at 6pm.

Have I missed anything? I have five hours to ponder the options but ultimately need to take a punt .

​​​​​​So for 34000- 51000 points where would you go? bearing in mind that although the rates are good bankside is basically 50% more points than Paddington!

​​​​​​