FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport {US-FL}
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:14 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport {US-FL}

Stay Report - 12/16 - 12/17

Location: The hotel is located on South Australia Avenue just off I-95. It's located about two miles from PBI and nicely only around 4 miles from downtown West Palm Beach. The area it's in is a sleepy office park type area so you won't be able to walk anywhere but it's very easy to get an Uber from here. I might add the new Brightline train is only 3 miles away and a great way to get to Miami.

Hotel: Like most Doubletrees this hotel is a converted hotel from something else. In this case it's actually in good shape and a fairly pleasant place to be. There's a small outdoor pool which is still open in December. The lobby is fairly small but has a sundry store and a restaurant and bar. The restaurant stays open until midnight and the bar until 1 AM which are both large pluses.

Check In: The agent on duty when I arrived was very friendly. When he asked me if I wanted a high floor or a low floor I said "I'll take a suite if you have it" and was told I'd already been upgraded to a junior suite. I was also given a coupon for a free drink at the bar plus told how breakfast worked.

Room: For a suite it was definitely more junior than suite but it was still nice having the extra room. The living room area was comfortable but small and the same for the bedroom. The only bad part was the bathroom was REALLY small. Still, it was comfortable overall and I had no complaints.

Breakfast: Breakfast ran from 6:30 to 9:30 AM and was a buffet in the restaurant. There was bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and waffles plus the usual cold cereal, breads, fruit and yogurt. I might add that service was very good.

I was impressed with this hotel and would gladly be back. It's absolutely an above average Doubletree.