FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FROM ALASKA TO AUSTRALIA : In Hot Pursuit of my 198th, 199th and 200th Airlines Flown
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:18 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Neil Shah
Your reports always make for wonderful reading and this one is no exception.
Regarding International First Class on 787s,
BA has it on their 789s
EY has it on a limited number of their 789s
WY has a couple of 789s with true First Class that they use for the LHR service
The only airline that I know of with First Class on a 788 would be MF, but last I heard they were thinking of removing F in favor of more J seats
Thanks, Neil ^. I totally forgot about BA which I do recall has a very nice First Class section on its 789s. Indeed, I may try to fly on it next time I cash in some miles for an Africa trip. I had no idea about EY, WY or MF though, so thanks for the update!

Originally Posted by deuce1
Thank you Seat 2A! Your trip reports are always such fun and great reading material. I still say you need to put them all together someplace!
Thanks, Deuce! I actually have put them all together - right here on Flyertalk. You'll find a link right HERE. Hopefully I can get this updated and improved in the next month or two.

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Well, what can I say that hasn't been said already a dozen times over the years? Another masterpiece from my all time favourite trip reporter, written in his familiar style. Some may not appreciate the breadth of it in these days of instant gratification, but us oldschoolers love savouring it all in.

As usual this thing ruined an afternoon of work, but to heck with that, there's more to life than being a corporate drone - like flying in First on a world class carrier!!! Sadly ever after AAmerican ruined its FFP this has become an even more distant goal for me, but some day, some day...

Special kudos for getting this out so fast, TBH I wasn't expecting a new Seat2A epic until April or so. Hopefully fun times will be had in Tasmania and the return journey will also be covered in as much detail!
Thanks, FlyingFinn! You've been one of my longest tenured readers and your kind comments are always appreciated. Quite a few people who used to comment in years past no longer do and I can't help but think that even my reporting style (or perhaps especially my reporting style) gets old after awhile. And, to be sure, I am an "old school" guy myself which might result in a reporting style which isn't for everyone. That's alright though - in the giant buffet of reports that make up the TR forum menu, there's never any shortage of new reporters and new readers. I'm happy to be a contributor.

BTW, Finnair recently joined Alaska's Mileage Plan which I'm sure you know still awards miles based upon distance flown rather than revenue generated. Perhaps it might still provide a good means of affordably accruing the requisite miles for some quality flying. Let's hope so. Award redemption on Finnair is pretty expensive but others such as JAL are very affordable (Just 75000 miles for my JAL First Class award)

As to my return trip flown MEL-DXB-IAH-SEA-ANC-FAI, I'm not sure at this point that I will report on it. I mean, Emirates First Class reports are by now quite common here on FT. But who knows - if I do it'll be a couple of months away. I'm still trying to finish off my Qantas report from last year!

Originally Posted by steveman518
Another wonderful TR Seat2A! Perhaps you may also be interested in joining the FT Fantasy Football league
Thanks, Steve! I had no idea there was an FT Fantasy Football league, but if it's up and running next season, I'd love to join. Please keep me in mind when the league is forming up. ^