FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long has WN been using SJC Terminal A?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:36 am
TXWayne

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
ZOMG WN!

.......... then monitor the app for potential seat availability for an earlier standby seat.
How do you monitor the app for seat availability? I just started flying SW exclusively 18 months ago after dumping AA and made A-List in November and made my first go at standby last Friday from DCA - DAL. I had booked a 7:20 PM flight home but we wrapped up everything the day before so I was fee to leave whenever. I called the night before to ask about how full each flight was booked to see which one to target. The 1:55 looked good so went for that. Several years ago when I was flying AA I spent a miserable 8 hours at DCA waiting standby when I stupidly assumed on a Friday with an 8PM flight I could strut out at noon and get on a flight before 8PM......surely.....NOT. Did not want a repeat of that.I would have loved a way to check how full flights were on the app.

On the topic of SJC, I am leaving the 26th from DAL with the family to head to SJC for a wedding in Carmel Valley. Much to their chagrin it is a 6:05 AM flight but coming back it will be a more reasonable 4:45 PM. Based on all this I will keep an eye open on the departure gate to ensure we are able to drive up, drop the car, check what I am sure will be too many bags and get four of us to our gate, which will hopefully be something like 25 and not 12.