FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class check in " 'what is TSA Pre-check?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:17 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
​​​​​​​Can't say I agree.

If BA print a boarding pass for the internal leg on AA they should be aware of Pre-check. I doubt I am the first or the last to ask why it is not showing, especially when they print it on the BA ticket.

Sure as was said earlier the system may not allow the data, but the check-in staff especially in first, should be aware of such and advise accordingly.

Let's face it there are not any other countries that have this and so it would not be much to learn

To say that they have never heard of it when BA are part of it smacks of poor training.

If it isn't possible then fair enough but just say that instead of showing ignorance

Their colleague in the CCR wasn't too impressed and said they should have known, but sadly many are poor. He did ask which colored name badge they wore as this indicates their status apparently
It is not possible for BA to print the Pre-Check logo on a physical BP for an AA-operated flight. That part is not a BA IT failure, but an intended limitation of the DHS system.

BA ought to simply suppress the logo on BP's issued for departures other than from the US and that would be the end of the many speculative questions asked on FT and elsewhere about what it does and does not mean. DGS does not particularly care if BA prints the logo on such BP's as the logo has no effect.

On your return, you should have access to Pre-Check at wherever you depart from.