FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My "is it worth it?" flight in F
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:42 pm
OldFruity

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Over the last 4 months have flown Eu to Au via BA F, QR Y, and this week BA F again. Both F flights were booked ex Prg using GUF vouchers. On reflection the real benefits to me flying F over Y have been a). Increased TPs and avios, b.) Increased personal space and improved/ extended quality/quantity of sleep via lay flat seating. c.) Gate louse feel good factor!
Service and food were good in both classes. Downside flying BA F using a voucher via a TA has been 4 flights to get to Melb (Prg Lhr Sin Syd Mel) and of course the cost - which has still been good value though with the voucher. (GBP3500). Benefit of Y was more direct routing (after positioning to Lhr from Prg using avios) Lhr Doh Mel and cost (GBP750). As a Gold the airport experiences didnt differ other than access to the Concorde lounge in Lhr.
I plan to return to Y with either QF or QR for my next trip in Feb (maybe Lhr dct Per on the QF 787) after flying back from here in F again. Must admit that I am now quite happy to mix and match the class of travel even though I thought that flying predominantly J over the last 5 years would have spoilt me. To me, saving nearly A$4500 in the process (minus the value of the extra avios) once in a while is quite a good substitute for the feel good factor of flying in F or J for that matter..

OF