FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laos and/or India tips
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:44 pm
Kimchi278

Laos and/or India tips

I'm planning on traveling alone to India over new years (in a couple weeks). I've already been to Rajasthan (Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur & Jodhpur). I stayed in all Oberoi's so this time I would want more of an authentic experience-

I'm thinking of going to Kolkata and Ranthambore Park- Kolkata for the vibrant local life and the feeling of being worlds away from what I'm familiar with and Ranthambore for the tiger safari.

Has anyone been to either places- if so, would you recommend or strongly not recommend (seems to be very different opinions RE: Kolkata). Any input or tips would be very much appreciated. Also, if you have spent time in other places in India, would love to hear your feedback. I am traveling to get away, see as much local life and beautiful scenery as possible (i.e. Mumbai is a def no.)

Finally, for Ranthambore: has anyone stayed in the Oberoi or Sujan? I am not going to stay at Amanikhas so no need to suggest that. After a terribly disappointing stay at another Aman, I need a bit of a break from Amans. Any feedback on Oberoi or Sujan would also be so very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!