FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milestone Rewards
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:28 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by skj
And some perks taken away ... No more re-qualifying for Glob with 55 nights after next year. Luckily, there will probably be more "get to Glob" with 20 night offers.

"Starting in 2020, all members, including existing Globalists, must complete 60 qualifying nights (including paid and award nights), earn 100,000 Base Points, or hold 20 qualifying meetings/events in a calendar year to qualify or requalify for Globalist status. The previous World of Hyatt benefit that allowed eligible Globalists to requalify for Globalist status with 55 qualifying nights will be closed to new Globalists as of 1/1/19 and discontinued for all members as of 1/1/20."
Could folks help me parse this ... Who is a "new Globalist as of 1/1/19"? Who can still qualify as a Globalist during 2019 by reaching 55 nights?

For example: I was once a Hyatt Diamond. That allowed me to be a Hyatt Globalist during 2017. I did not stay enough during 2017 to retain Globalist status. So on 1 March 2018 I ceased being a Globalist. Because during 2018 I stayed at Hyatt more, in early October 2018 I became a Globalist again. Does that make me a "new Globalist"? I really am confused.