FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:25 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
They should remove The Ritz Carlton Reserve properties as well since they not participate in the program.
FTers would be up to date about those non participation of RC Reserves (and RC Singapore) but I bet plenty of members who are not really up to date with loyalty programmes will be confused about that.

Especially if RC Rewards promotional emails still promoting RC Reserves and RC Singapore
RC Reserve isn’t listed as a separate brand for purposes of their 29 brands connotation. So while I agree it shouldn’t be included, it actually isn’t included.

Bulgari is a unique circumstance of a brand operated and distributed by Marriott but owned by Bulgari and not otherwise affiliated with Marriott by design. It’s an association of convenience.

Separating out Reserve from RC and separating out the Singapore RC just isn’t worth the time or trouble for Marriott. Nor do I blame them. Design Hitels don’t givee the same benefits, either, and there are slight benefit differences between the brands as we already know. If you can afford to stay at RC Reserve or RC Singapore, I doubt this is the pressing issue of the day.

Last edited by bhrubin; Dec 18, 2018 at 11:33 am