FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program
Old Dec 18, 2018, 10:08 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Email: A Note About our Transition into One Program

I got this email...

Dear Stimpy,

2018 has been a year of change for us here at Marriott and for our members. In August we combined our three loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®, giving you access to more hotels, benefits and status than ever before. While merging our programs brought you many new benefits and options, we know that for some, the integration presented challenges, and we apologize for these difficulties.

As we move toward the end of this year, I wanted to take a moment to reiterate that our goal is always to provide you with memorable travel experiences and to make you feel like a valued part of the Marriott family. With that in mind, I want to personally thank you for your ongoing support, patience and loyalty during a challenging year.

You’ll be hearing more from us next year when we introduce our new brand name, representing the most rewarding loyalty program in hospitality. I want to wish you a happy and healthy holiday season, and we look forward to welcoming you at our 29 extraordinary hotel brands around the world in the new year and for many years to come.

Best,
David Flueck
SVP, Global Loyalty

Pretty vanilla. But is it correct that they are down to 29 brands now? What did they cut?