FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dominican Republic / Punta Cana - all inclusive recommendations please
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:58 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I was looking at Iberostar Grand but I see you have others above it. Curious what you like about the Paradisus properties!? Every resort looks so nice I am trying to differentiate them.
Melia Properties (Which includes Paradisus) differentiate themselves in a few things: Level of service, gastronomy, peaceful environment. We have stayed at many properties in Punta Cana and while they were nicely kept and all looked the same, at most resorts you have the subpar buffet and snacks, and the A La Carte thematic restaurants which can be hit or miss and requires an advanced reservation that could be hectic because #1 you only receive certain number of reservations based on the length of your stay and #2 most of the time you have to fight to get a time slot. At both Melia The Level and Paradisus The Reserve you have restaurants that have both a buffet and A La Carte (Gabi Club is one of the best) included and without the need to reserve and you also have access to the other buffets that are actually good.

At other resorts you have a lot of activities that could be fun but we find them to be too many, Melia properties do have activities but are more low key and allow you to enjoy the swimming pool and the beach without having someone on the microphone with loud music throughout the day. This is the same for Royalton and Hard Rock.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I cannot speak to any of the Paradisus properties but we stayed at the Sol Melia Caribe Tropical The Level Spring 2017 and found it a very good experience. I have stayed at the Iberostar Grand (both at Punta Cana and Riviera Maya) and personally consider The Level at the Sole Melia superior. The Level is one of the resort within a resort concepts where you get really nice rooms, private pools, private beach, private restaurants, etc. The only possible drawback is it is adults only (if you have children). I don't think they even allow teens there.
Actually The Level has two different sections: The Level (Adults Only) which is the one near the beach and, and The Level Suites which is next to the Gabi Club and the VIP Lounge and it's for everyone. The only drawback is that "Cuatro" restaurant in The Level Adults Only does not allow children, but the food offer is very similar to the one at Gabi.

Last edited by SDQBound; Dec 18, 2018 at 7:03 am