FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:37 am
turner32

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Considering that pretty much every travel loyalty change ever is a devaluation, I will take what I can get here. For regular Amb, if I can actually get the $20 drink credit for each stay, I'm coming out ahead. However, that says "up to," so I;m not counting on it. Everything else appears about the same. Sure I am a bit concerned about hotels "buying their way out of benefits". I really don't think they want to do that though. Especially not as a best practice.

For as much as the RAs don't want to hear it, the heavy minibar drinkers don't appear to be as coveted as they think they are. These kinds of changes are generally to take a benefit in which only a very small percentage of customers, account for a significant portion of the expense.

The $20 drink credit is actually a devaluation. For example, you can stay at IC Park Lane and they will give you a drinks voucher that is good for 2 people and you can each have a cocktail or glass of champagne that sell for $30 each.